The Bursar Office will administer the short term loans. The University’s Director of Business Services, Vice-President for Administration and Finance, or President, in that order, shall act for and on behalf of the Bursar in his or her absence.
- Only individuals enrolled in an active term at Southwestern Oklahoma State University are eligible to request a short-term loan. Short-term loan requests are limited to one per term and may not exceed the actual cost of the emergency for which the loan is requested or $600, whichever is lower. Any exceptions to these limitations must be approved by the Director of Business Services or Vice-President for Administration and Finance. Pharmacy Students affected by the split disbursement (one-semester only loans) may request a short term loan up to $2,000 which will be covered by the second disbursement.
- Short-term loan applications may be obtained in the Bursar Officepleted applications must be submitted to a member of the Bursar Office Staff accompanied by documentation of the emergency for which the loan is requested. Applications without supporting documentation will not be processed.
- Loans will not be processed more than ten days prior to the first day of classes each semester.
- All applicants must demonstrate adequate resources for Southwestern Oklahoma State University reasonably to expect repayment. Examples include certified financial aid that exceeds the cost of tuition, fees, room and board or a pending student payroll check. Students on Financial Aid Suspension are not eligible. Any application submitted without demonstrating adequate resources for repayment will be denied.
- Students or employees who receive a loan due to errors in payroll must sign a payroll deduction form. The amount will be deducted from the next months’ pay check.
- Bursar Office staff will notify applicants of approved loans, and a check will be issued for the amount of the loan payable to the student borrower. The principal amount plus a $ service charge will be charged to the student account and repaid by the first funds available. Short term loans submitted prior to 10 a.m. will be available at a.m., loans submitted prior to 2:00 p.m. will be available at 3:30 p.m., and loans submitted after 2 p.m. will be available the next business day.
Loans are due and payable in accordance with the loan agreement evidenced by a promissory note. Student accounts not paid in full, including the amount of any short-term loan principal and the associated service charge, by the end of the term during which the loan was issued may be referred to a professional collection agency payday loans Shelby. All costs relating to attempts to collect the debt are the sole responsibility of the borrower. Students who have been referred to a collection agency may not enroll in subsequent terms at Southwestern Oklahoma State University or request official transcripts until the entire balance plus any collection costs are paid.
For students who:
- Have a scholarship that specifically covers books
- Have scholarships that will exceed charges for the semester
- Have financial aid that will exceed charges for the semester Bookstores voucher can be used at:
A student will come into the Bursar’s office to request a voucher. For a voucher based on scholarships, the student should go to room 109B to speak with the scholarship coordinator. For a voucher based on financial aid, the student should speak with the Bursar.
For Scholarship backed voucher
The Scholarship Coordinator will need proof of the scholarship (ie award letter). Once that is received, the Scholarship Coordinator will create and provide the book voucher to the student. It will be a physical printed voucher. The student may then take the book voucher to either bookstore and receive the books.
For Financial Aid backed voucher
The Bursar will approve/deny the voucher. If the Bursar approves the voucher, the student will receive a voucher form that can be presented at either bookstore and receive the books. A bookstore hold will be placed on the student’s account for the amount requested up to $600. Once the invoice is received from the bookstores after the 10 th class day, then the book charge will be adjusted to the actual amount.